Why Drowning Sucks!
So my son, Mandy is taking swim lessons. This is a full immersion course where in 5 continuous days they are able to take him from a sinking rock to a survivor (pardon the analogies but you get the picture). So I was thinking that often time we extend and drag out many things in our life because we don’t commit and focus 100%.
Now I know what you must be thinking…
I am too busy, my kids have a million activities…(See video below to continue the list excuses)[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDYE49KPlQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Excuses are everywhere it is up to you to take action and achieve what you want (just like Michele did).
Top 5 Ways To Be More Productive And Have Fewer Excuses
1. Post-It Notes: The night before write on 1 post it note the top 3 things that must be done in order for you day to be productive. If you are a business owner that may be the top 3 things that are going to generate income. If you are a stay at home mom it may be the top 3 things that will leave you satisfied once you are done (I know for my wife it’s having the kitchen clean -a must!).
2. Count Down Timer: Give yourself a deadline. By using a countdown timer you will waste less time because you know you will have only 20 minutes to complete you task (i.e. cleaning the kitchen, sending emails, surfing the net). Think full immersion in chunks.
3. Schedule Time: Block off time to do these important task and don’t allow anything to get in the way of that when at all possible. (Remember you can always come up with an excuse but if you want something bad enough nothing will get in you way.)
4. Phone Off: Probably responsible for lots of wasted time. When doing your tasks put the phone on silent and in another room if possible until you are done. I can guarantee most things are not that important that it can’t wait another half an hour when you are done.
5. Do, Don’t Think: The purpose of this phrase is so you take action. Often time we end up paralyzed by all the details or unknowns. Take action first and get the momentum then correct as you go. As the saying goes, “actions speak louder than words.”
As for Mandy and his great swim instructor Tall Tom he has done an amazing job. I love this immersion stuff. I feel so much more comfortable having him in the pool now. Oh and Tall Tom says he can hold his breath for a long time. That must mean he must have a good VO2 max.
Please leave your comments and let me know what your thoughts are.
PS – Anyone looking for a great swim instructor for you kids, call Tall Tom 772-618-3599. Tell him you are good friends with me. Happy Full Immersion 😉