What I Learned from A Champion.
I just wanted to share an amazing experience I had. On January 29th I was blessed to be able to run with the American record holder in the half-marathon, Olympian, and one of America’s top distance runners, Ryan Hall. WOW! is the first thing that comes to mind. I have never been a person who is into celebrities or athletes. In fact I really don’t care for them but Ryan was different. Here are the Top 5 Things I learned from Ryan Hall, a true champion and how it relates to us in our ever day life.
1. Humility: This is something one rarely sees among athletes these days, but Ryan was humble and always looking to praise someone else performance or accomplishments. How can we apply this? Praises others before yourself. By giving this gift you uplift someone else as well as yourself to a more positive state.
2. Simplicity: He has a very simple lifestyle despite his crazy travel schedule. Most of us run around like a chicken with our head cut off but often it is self inflicted. Simplify your life, get rid of excess and you will be happier, less stressed, and more efficient with your time.
3. Faith: “Praise God with every step.” This was his advice he gave to the 18,000+ runners gathered at the start line of the ING Miami Marathon, just before he shot the starters gun. I know this one powerful statement got many of those runners to the finish line on that hot humid day. Live by these word, they will transform you life. Guaranteed!
4. Strength: At first glance he does not appear physically strong, scraggly even, but looks are very deceiving. Inside this young man lies the heart of lion that has an intense determination to succeed, to serve, and to love. Build up your strength from inside because regardless how old you are, you will not get weaker, unless you let it.
5. Love: “…but the greatest of these is love.” Love means so many things to so many people but true love encompasses service, caring, brotherhood, strength, humility, simplicity, time, and faith. How can we love more fully? Follow his example give to others (check out his STEPS foundation) with your time, talent, and treasure.
Become that person you deserve to be by following these 5 steps. I guarantee that if you apply them daily you will see unlimited potential of your life.
Please post your comments below. I would love to know what you think.