I was reading my morning meditation and it talked about “One day at a time.” The slogan for the alcoholics fighting through their addiction.
It means don’t think about being sober forever, don’t think about one year away, don’t think about one week down the road just focus on today. Focus on being sober for today, one day at a time.
I felt it was such a great approach to succeeding in any area in our life.
“Being successful does not happen in one day but a compilation of consistent successful days to get us there.”
I often get asked about weight loss. Most people want to lose 10-30 lbs. The problem is that they think it happens over night. As the saying goes, “What comes fast, leaves fast.”
Here is what typically happens, someone decides they want to lose 25 lbs. They start exercising hard make a few changes on their food and they start losing some weight maybe 3 lbs in the first week. Maybe a few pounds the following week and then they plateau. Now they get a little stressed, they figure they have to work harder and nothing happens. Now they are really frustrated and they start pigging out on food and before you know it they are back where they started.
Take this approach instead…
Losing weight can seem pretty daunting at times. So lets make a mental shift and instead of expecting insane amounts of weight to come off by tomorrow lets focus on losing a 1/2 lbs per week. 1/2 lbs is not very much but as stated above “Being successful does not happen in one day but a compilation of consistent successful days to get us there.” If we look at one year of losing 1/2 lbs per week, you end up losing 26 lbs with little to no effort!
Something to consider.
– How important is this goal?
– Why is this goal so important?
– How will I feel when I hit this goal?
– How will I feel if don’t hit this goal?
By asking yourself these questions above you will tap into the key components that will help you execute these goals.
Have an amazing day.
When you think you can’t go a little bit further…
Enjoy and don’t place limits on what you can do.
Have you ever wanted to do something but when you found out what it would take you thought, “this is too hard’? Well unfortunately I see it more often than not with the many people I speak with daily. As humans we don’t like to be uncomfortable, we don’t like to do things that will cause pain, and most importantly we don’t like to change. Change hurts!
This Saturday I was pleasantly surprised and inspired by 2 people in particular. The first was my amazing assistant and cousin Mel, the other was Amber one of our VIP Miami Fit Body Boot Camp members and now good friend.
I finished running at 7AM and both of them were waiting for me to start their run. Today they had their first 7 miler but I couldn’t go with them because I had to go to work. After I explained where they needed to go they both took off without hesitation. I was hoping it was going to go well but I wasn’t sure because both had been recovering from the flu and stomach virus. I went to work, our first Saturday boot camp training session, and people kept coming in…29 in all! And 2 of the 29 people were Mel and Amber. They finished their 7 miler and came back in time to do the boot camp!
Everyone did amazing at the boot camp but I was really pumped up about Mel and Amber. They ran 7 miles for the first time ever, then came back and totally rocked it at the boot camp. They were pushing the other members to keep going as if they were fresh. Here are the life lessons I learned after being inspired with Mel and Amber’s performance that will help guarantee you achieve your dreams.
1. Get a GPS: In order for the GPS to get you were you want to go you must let it know where you want to go. So the first thing you need is to know what your goal or dreams are. The more specific the more precise you can be about preparing and the quicker you will get to your goal. The journey is definitely more fun than the destination but you need to have the right people with you and you must know your destination.
2. Chicken fighting: If you have ever participated in the age old game of chicken fighting you know you need a partner. One of you is the base and the other is fighter. This is really important when trying to achieve your goals. So find a friend that has similar goals and take the journey together. Hold each other accountable, support each other, motivate each other, and cheer each other.
3. Slap yourself in the face: This is not a typo, go ahead do it… what do you feel? The point is WAKE UP, in today’s society most people live in a comatose state. They do the same things day in and day out. They have very little excitement (especially at work) and it trickles to all levels throughout their life. Change is difficult but so worth it. When you challenge yourself and surpass all the obstacles like people trying to hold you back or getting sick or laziness you come out a stronger person. That forms momentum that can take you beyond your self imposed limitations.
4. Get Mr. Miyagi: All of the most successful people have mentors or coaches. In order to be successful find your “Mr. Miyagi” (Karate Kid, just in case) and have him mentor you. You need that 3rd party to objectively help you see more opportunities and possible pitfalls. A coach has knowledge in the area, has been through it, studies it, lives it. If you haven’t found one this could be the missing ingredient to your success.
5. Have fun: If you don’t have fun you won’t stick with it. Enough said…really find a way to make it whether by surrounding yourself with other like minded people or an environment that makes it fun. I had a boot camp member tell me “Your workouts are intense but fun and I feel I get so much more than when I just going to the gym that is so boring.” So find a way or place to make achieving your goals more fun.
Come in and sign up for the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp’s 30 Day – Burn the Fat, Feed the Family Program you get 2 weeks FREE plus half of your membership will go to feed and educate a family in need. Your contribution will be providing 100% organic groceries for a 2-3 days, recipes, educational materials, plus an in home food assessment that works directly with the families budget to provide the best possible food to nourish and enhance their lives and health.
Get in amazing shape by signing up for our 30 day Burn the Fat Feed the Family program for only $247 and get 2 weeks FREE. Results are guaranteed and your help is needed. Call today to sign-up 305-741-0560
For more info on the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp (click here)
– Lose Weight
– Feel Great
– Flat Abs
– Toned Arms
– Firm Legs
– Have Fun Doing It
* Plus You will help feed, educate, and enrich the lives of one of your local neighbors, a family of 4 that needs your help. Half of your membership goes to feeding and educating them on healthier choices for their family.
Start today by taking control of your health and your body.
PS – If you have any questions call me at 305-741-0560. If I can’t answer the phone it is because I am helping a client. Leave a message and I will call you as soon as possible.
PSS – See what people are saying about they like and dislike about our boot camp>>>HERE
Hey Guys just wanted to share this amazing interview with Michele Artiz. I convinced her to give me her secrets on getting in amazing “Heat Dancer Body” shape. You will be impressed by her number 1 secret in-spite of her obstacles. Listen below…
For those that don’t know who she is check out her transformation here.