After a and easy 30 minute run I started thinking about a good fitness test I could challenge myself with over the next 30 days. I wanted it to be practical, body weight exercises that utilize your entire body, so definitely no crunches.
After some deliberation here is
– (20) Pull-ups
– (50) Push-ups
– (20) Pistol Squats
Here is my assessment of the situation. I tested myself and did 2 sets of
– (10) Pull-ups
– (25) Push-ups
– (10) Pistol squats *with assistance
I know I will be able to hit the push-ups. The pull ups will be hard but I believe I will be able to do it. It won’t be pretty though. The hardest one by far I believe will be the pistol squats. I will have to do double the reps I did today with no assistance plus my right leg felt stronger and more in control than my left.
So the reason I am putting this out is to hold myself accountable and to challenge you to come up with your fitness test to challenge yourself.
I hope you have an amazing day.
Oh by the way if you don’t know what a pistol squat is look at the image below:
RACING is testing your limits.
RACING is not enjoyable if you do it right.
RACING is testing the human spirit, it is about possibility, it is about learning something new about yourself.
In order to race well you must subject yourself to progressive and systematic training stimulus to build up your minds strength to understand that limits are self imposed, to stay focused, and to want, even need have pain and discomfort. It is in that state that your mind, heart, and character gets tempered and hardened like a black smith pounding metals together to make a steel sword. Just like that sword when it is completed, it will mean the difference between life and death for a knight so to your character will determine your success in life.
George Bernard Shaw wrote: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
I believe that if you truly want to live life to the fullest, if you want to be the best you can be, if you want to create and share with yourself and the world the ultimate version of you, you must be willing to go where no one else will go.
There in that dark distant corner where it is not so pleasant, where it hurts…
When you think you can’t any more, that is when you must! And when you do the caterpillar will emerge as the butterfly ready to share with the world.
Wow, after reading this I didn’t mean it to feel somber or bad but I am not going to change it. This is what my heart wanted to share with you today. Just know that getting uncomfortable is important if you want to race better and even more important if you want to grow as a person.
When in doubt, go further and see what’s on the other side of the mountain.
Make today amazing.
Amazing movie and what an amazing message. How powerful is that for a dad to look his son in the eyes and empower him, allow him dream and to go after it. Have a great day!
When you think you can’t go a little bit further…
Enjoy and don’t place limits on what you can do.
Have you ever wanted to do something but when you found out what it would take you thought, “this is too hard’? Well unfortunately I see it more often than not with the many people I speak with daily. As humans we don’t like to be uncomfortable, we don’t like to do things that will cause pain, and most importantly we don’t like to change. Change hurts!
This Saturday I was pleasantly surprised and inspired by 2 people in particular. The first was my amazing assistant and cousin Mel, the other was Amber one of our VIP Miami Fit Body Boot Camp members and now good friend.
I finished running at 7AM and both of them were waiting for me to start their run. Today they had their first 7 miler but I couldn’t go with them because I had to go to work. After I explained where they needed to go they both took off without hesitation. I was hoping it was going to go well but I wasn’t sure because both had been recovering from the flu and stomach virus. I went to work, our first Saturday boot camp training session, and people kept coming in…29 in all! And 2 of the 29 people were Mel and Amber. They finished their 7 miler and came back in time to do the boot camp!
Everyone did amazing at the boot camp but I was really pumped up about Mel and Amber. They ran 7 miles for the first time ever, then came back and totally rocked it at the boot camp. They were pushing the other members to keep going as if they were fresh. Here are the life lessons I learned after being inspired with Mel and Amber’s performance that will help guarantee you achieve your dreams.
1. Get a GPS: In order for the GPS to get you were you want to go you must let it know where you want to go. So the first thing you need is to know what your goal or dreams are. The more specific the more precise you can be about preparing and the quicker you will get to your goal. The journey is definitely more fun than the destination but you need to have the right people with you and you must know your destination.
2. Chicken fighting: If you have ever participated in the age old game of chicken fighting you know you need a partner. One of you is the base and the other is fighter. This is really important when trying to achieve your goals. So find a friend that has similar goals and take the journey together. Hold each other accountable, support each other, motivate each other, and cheer each other.
3. Slap yourself in the face: This is not a typo, go ahead do it… what do you feel? The point is WAKE UP, in today’s society most people live in a comatose state. They do the same things day in and day out. They have very little excitement (especially at work) and it trickles to all levels throughout their life. Change is difficult but so worth it. When you challenge yourself and surpass all the obstacles like people trying to hold you back or getting sick or laziness you come out a stronger person. That forms momentum that can take you beyond your self imposed limitations.
4. Get Mr. Miyagi: All of the most successful people have mentors or coaches. In order to be successful find your “Mr. Miyagi” (Karate Kid, just in case) and have him mentor you. You need that 3rd party to objectively help you see more opportunities and possible pitfalls. A coach has knowledge in the area, has been through it, studies it, lives it. If you haven’t found one this could be the missing ingredient to your success.
5. Have fun: If you don’t have fun you won’t stick with it. Enough said…really find a way to make it whether by surrounding yourself with other like minded people or an environment that makes it fun. I had a boot camp member tell me “Your workouts are intense but fun and I feel I get so much more than when I just going to the gym that is so boring.” So find a way or place to make achieving your goals more fun.
But what if you had a family to support but now they had to take care of you, what then?
As many of you know we have been doing the Burn the Fat, Feed the Family Program here at the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp since August and it is coming to an end September 30th. I wanted you to meet “the family” we are raising money for in the Burn the Fat, Feed the Family program. This is the Chavez Family. They are a family of 5. Mom is Maria Dolores, Dad is Noel, the oldest son Joel (18 y/o, not pictured), the middle son is Edgard (14 y/o), and the youngest son is Christopher (4 y/o).
First of all they are a hard working family filled with faith and love. Unfortunately, Noel (dad) was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and has less than 6 months to live according to doctors. He has had to stop working do to epileptic seizures and severe migraines. Maria has had to stay home to tend to him because they can’t afford someone to take care of him. Joel, the oldest son had to drop out of high school initially to take job in order to help support his family. For many of us that is unfathomable to have a child be the main support but necessity allows us to do extraordinary things. Fortunately, after the generous help of the church Joel now has returned to school to finish his high school degree. They have been getting help by people like us raising money to help provide the essentials.
If you are like me when I heard this story my jaw hit the ground. I feel fortunate that my parents are healthy, supportive, and able to provide for my 3 brothers and sisters, and myself as we grew up. In fact we all went to private school and graduated from college. So this experience was very new to me. But last Sunday I had the good fortune to meet this great family. They welcomed my wife, son, and myself like one of their own and offered the little they had. They expressed their gratitude for our team of boot campers that are helping them. They are givers and I feel that we as a community could give back to them. They are perfect for the Burn the Fat, Feed the Family Program*. As the saying goes, “To those that much is given, much will be required.”
*NOTE: Burn the Fat, Feed the Family program is a program we set up at the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp with the hope of educating and helping a family in need. The way it works is for everyone that signs up for at least 1 month of the boot camp, we will donate half of the membership to feed this family. (If you are interested in helping this family and getting in great shape call me at 305-741-0560).
So far the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp has donated $500 thanks to you guys who have referred others and from those those of you that have already signed up for the boot camp. Our goal is to raise $1000 by the end of September so we can pay for 2 months of rent and get groceries for 1 month. Also they need some clothes for the kids. Look at the list below. If you feel called to purchase one of the below items for the kids please call me first at 305-741-0560 so that we don’t have 10 people all getting the same thing. I appreciate your support and I know they are very grateful for your help.
* Joel (18 y/o): Khaki shorts (size 36), Sneakers (size 8), Orange Polo shirt for school (Medium)
* Edgard (14 y/o): Khaki shorts (size 32), Sneakers (size 9.5)
* Christopher (4 y/o): Shorts & Shirts (Kids size 6 years old), sneakers (size 17 kids)
* Potted herbs and veggies: cilantro, onions, tomatoes
* Large non-stick pan
* Deep pot
If you have been trying to get back into shape, if you have been trying to get motivated, if you want to get those toned arms, flat abs, and firm thighs…Call today 305-741-0560 and sign-up for at least 1 month to get the body you want and help the Chavez family who needs your support.
PS -Please leave your thoughts and comments for the Chavez family on the comments sections please.
Come in and sign up for the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp’s 30 Day – Burn the Fat, Feed the Family Program you get 2 weeks FREE plus half of your membership will go to feed and educate a family in need. Your contribution will be providing 100% organic groceries for a 2-3 days, recipes, educational materials, plus an in home food assessment that works directly with the families budget to provide the best possible food to nourish and enhance their lives and health.
Get in amazing shape by signing up for our 30 day Burn the Fat Feed the Family program for only $247 and get 2 weeks FREE. Results are guaranteed and your help is needed. Call today to sign-up 305-741-0560
For more info on the Miami Fit Body Boot Camp (click here)
– Lose Weight
– Feel Great
– Flat Abs
– Toned Arms
– Firm Legs
– Have Fun Doing It
* Plus You will help feed, educate, and enrich the lives of one of your local neighbors, a family of 4 that needs your help. Half of your membership goes to feeding and educating them on healthier choices for their family.
Start today by taking control of your health and your body.
PS – If you have any questions call me at 305-741-0560. If I can’t answer the phone it is because I am helping a client. Leave a message and I will call you as soon as possible.
PSS – See what people are saying about they like and dislike about our boot camp>>>HERE
Hey Guys just wanted to share this amazing interview with Michele Artiz. I convinced her to give me her secrets on getting in amazing “Heat Dancer Body” shape. You will be impressed by her number 1 secret in-spite of her obstacles. Listen below…
For those that don’t know who she is check out her transformation here.